Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

PVR - Part 3

Our final day in Mexico we woke up very early (we being me, Nicholete, and Vandy..Kelli passed on our adventure). When I say early, I mean the sun wasn't even up yet and we were the first ones at breakfast. We then hopped in a cab and took a twenty minute ride down to the marina where Puerta Vallarta Adventures was located. We checked in, signed a waver saying it was okay if they killed us, and then waited for the bus. Here we are patiently waiting.

We then loaded onto a truck that was open air (we realized post adventure that this was probably a good thing). There were 13 of us total plus we picked up a few guides on the way. It took about an hour to get up into the jungle. We did have a little mishap where our truck broke down and they had to bring us a new one, but it didn't take long at all. Once we got up to the site, we promptly put on our gear. It was slightly invasive but the tour guides were very nice and very complimentary (working hard for their tips I'm sure). Here we are all decked out in our very sassy gear.

In case you haven't figured it out, we did a zip line course through the jungle. It was really fun and a lot more work than I think any of us anticipated. Needless to say, the next day we were all very sore. Definitely a good workout. You aren't allowed to take your camera up which makes sense to me because I am quite positive I would have dropped mine. They do send someone with you to take the pictures. I didn't buy any because I am cheap and I never like pictures of my self. My beautiful friend Nicholete did though, so here she is free repelling.
I know it looks like she is posing, but all of her pictures looked like that. She is just a natural =)


After that we all loaded our sweaty selves back on the open air bus (this is why it was a good idea) and headed back into town. The three of us then got a taxi back to the resort and promptly fell asleep trusting that our taxi driver would actually take us back to the resort and not kidnap us. Obviously he was deserving of our trust. The rest of the afternoon was spent napping on the beach.

Unfortunately I started running a fever and did not feel so great, so our last evening in PVR was spent with room service and a movie. Luckily, it chose that night to have a torrential down pour, so I think I picked a good night to get sick.

Overall, it was a wonderful trip and I am already looking forward to my next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment