Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rachel Getting Married

My friend Rachel got married last weekend (July 31st at 2pm to be exact). She and her new husband Brian are hopefully enjoying their honeymoon cruise of the Virgin Islands. Definitely someplace I would like to go. Anyway, Rachel's favorite color is orange. It has been her whole life, or at least since I have known here, and we met in the 6th grade. So needless to say, I have known that an orange bridesmaid dress was in my future. If you are like me, the thought of an orange bridesmaid dress is quite scary. I can gracefully admit when I am wrong....occasionally. This is one of those times. The dresses were actually really cute. See for yourself.



And the accent colors of purple and lime green for the flowers were lovely. My friend Rachel has a degree in interior design. She is quite talented and she loves to do it, she just didn't love the business side. She teaches preschool now and loves it. Here are some pictures of the centerpieces.


The little bags are the party favors. Lemonade mix...tasty.


The food was fabulous. Rachel is pretty thoughtful and made sure there were lots of options for her 3 bridesmaids that are vegetarians (me included). There was a bruschetta bar, cheese bar, watermelon salsa, and these tasty little veggie/cream cheese/croissant things. She also had bloody mary shrimp which was a hit. The caterers were Ambiance. They did my wedding, my class reunion, my sister's wedding, and both of my parent's surprise 60th birthday parties. They make fabulous food and you can't beat their prices. I wish I had pictures, but somehow I didn't manage to take any. This is shocking because we always take pictures of food.

The cakes were tasty. The bride cake was lemon with raspberry filling and the groom's cake was red velvet. They were made by sweet boutique. I learned in the last couple of years that a groom's cake is only common in the South. Leave it to us to find a way to get to eat more cake!



Yes that is an armadillo cake. He is holding a Mountain Dew can. Rachel did a great job of stabbing cutting the groom's cake.

It was a great wedding weekend. I really enjoyed getting to be her MOH (Matron of Honor) and her DOC (Day of Coordinator). I think I missed my calling as an event planner. Charles and I are in negotiations of when I can pursue this as a new/side career. I'll keep you updated.

I am going to end this post with my favorite picture and true representation of who Rachel is. This is the lovely bride with her cute apron over her dress enjoying some pre-wedding chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce from Chik-fil-A. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment