Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ephram at One Month

Ephram made his grand arrival on a Thursday. This worked out well with Charles' schedule. He was actually able to be off work the entire next week. My mom then came and stayed with us the second week. This was super helpful because Charles actually had his cardiology boards that week. The next week, I was on my on. But not really. Our nanny Michelle, who has been with us since Wills was 10 weeks old, is still working for us and she is coming in 3 days a week while I am on maternity leave to help out. It is awesome and I am so thankful we are able to do this!


Ephram has been sleeping in our room in a bassinet. I keep threatening to move him because he is a really loud sleeper. I have him snoring on one side of me and Charles snoring on the other. I won't do it for a while though. Ephram still gets up 2-3 times a night and I am just to tired to have him any further away from me than necessary right now. 


Ephram is eating a combination of breast milk and formula. I am exclusively pumping and he gets whatever I can make, about 15 oz a day. The rest is formula. He was consistently eating 3 oz and sometimes even 4 oz at a feeding and going 2-3 hours during the day. Unfortunately, over the last few days he has decided he just wants to snack and is eating 1 to 2 oz every 2 hours, sometimes even every hour. This is getting a little exhausting, particularly since he did this during the night last night. Hopefully we can get him back on track soon!


He is definitely awake more frequently now. Overall he is a pretty happy baby. I feel like he is easier than Wills was, but this could just be because I'm not a nervous wreck about everything like I was then. 


One Month Stats:
Weight: 11 lbs, 1 oz (76%)
Length: 23 in (96%)
Head: 15.25 (87%)
Clothing size: Newborn stuff is TIGHT. I am still squeezing him into a few things though because they are just too cute. Things labeled 0-3 months fit great and even some of the 3 months are fitting now. 
Nicknames: Baby Brother, buddy
Must haves: We wore Wills a lot when he was a baby, but Ephram has been worn a whole lot more. We have 4 different baby carriers, and Charles and I both agree the Lillebaby Complete is by far the best one. Ephram feels really secure which is great when chasing a toddler. 


And I have to do a side by side comparison. Just as a reference, that is the same shirt on the both of them. Little brother might not be so little!

Wills                      Ephram

Having two at home is definitely an adjustment. Wills got really clingy and started whining a lot. This has gotten better recently and hopefully will continue to improve. He has actually started giving Ephram kisses and telling him that he loves him. Of course he is also still yelling at Ephram that his trains are "mine" even though we assure him that Ephram has no interest in them just yet. It will be interesting to see what happens when Ephram actually does want to play with Wills' toys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment