Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dirty Santa 2012

We hosted our annual Dirty Santa party a couple of weekends ago. This is definitely one of my favorite activities of the Christmas season. I love to see what is going to be the hot gift and I love getting to taste all the yummy desserts everyone brings.





This year I decided to do a chili bar for the food. We had regular chili and vegetarian chili with Frito's, baked potatoes, french fries, and hot dogs as well as all the toppings of cheese, sour cream, onions, tomatoes, and jalapenos. It was really easy and so yummy.

We also have several friends who are pregnant or nursing, so I decided to do a hot chocolate bar. I used my cocoa latte, which makes the absolute best hot chocolate at the perfect temperature for drinking. I had dark chocolate and peppermint hot chocolate with marshmallows, whipped cream, sprinkles, cinnamon, candy canes, and pirouettes. I also had some peppermint schnapps for those of us who could have it!

For our version of Dirty Santa, a gift can be stolen 3 times and after the third steal it can't be stolen any more. We also let the person who drew #1 go again as the last person. The hot items this year were lottery tickets, a keep it local card, beer, and wine. Some of the funny gifts were a set of nose cups, a mustache mold, inappropriate coasters, and an actual "dirty" item.




The Dirty Santa party is truly one of my favorite parties to host!

No comments:

Post a Comment