Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mardis Gras

In honor of Fat Tuesday, Charles and I decided to make a King Cake. And for the record, when I say Charles and I, I mean it. He was a big help with this!

We used this recipe: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/king-cake/Detail.aspx The main reason I chose this one was because it had a cream cheese filling.

Here is the process in photos:






It is pretty time consuming because you have to let the yeast set and then let the dough rise a couple of times. Overall, it was pretty good. Charles and I agreed that next time, we will double the cream cheese filling part!

I have decided that since I am pregnant, I will not be giving anything up for lent this year. I am going to take something up instead. It is going to be to exercise regularly. I am doing it, but it is way to random and infrequent, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get on a schedule again. Charles is still undecided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment