Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cheesy Saucy Veggie Stacks

I made Cheesy Saucy Veggie Stacks the other night and they were so yummy. A little tedious, because you have to saute all the veggies first and then pat them dry and then put it together and then bake it. It was totally worth it though. They were big servings and less than 200 calories a serving. Not only tasty, but good for you too!

I did learn two lessons while making these. Follow directions regarding which direction you cut things. The eggplant is used as the base and you should have six circles of eggplant. I cut mine wrong and had very thick half circles instead. You need a wider base so the stacks don't topple like mine did. The second lesson is to consider using toothpicks to hold the stacks upright. Maybe if you cut the eggplant correctly you won't need to do this. I guess I will find out the next time I make it.

Here is a picture of them right after I got them assembled. Not to bad considering I did it wrong.

Here is what they looked like when I pulled it out of the oven.

The presentation was not so great, but they were really good. I will definitely be making these again, hopefully correctly the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment