Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Saturday, July 27, 2013

3rd trimester!

We are officially in the third trimester!

I had my glucose test a couple of weeks ago and I don't have gestational diabetes. It did show anemia though, so I have had to add a daily iron supplement. It's so weird to me that this showed up because I eat more meat now than I did when I was pregnant with Wills.

I had my monthly perinatal appointment on Thursday. Charles couldn't go with me, so my mom and sister came up. A definite benefit of these monthly appointments is that they do an ultrasound every time and switch in to the 4D mode on occasion. It is a lot of fun to get to see our little man growing. The ultrasound tech and Dr. Smith, our perinatologist all remarked on his size. He checked in at 3lbs 3oz, which is apparently on the large side for this point in the pregnancy. Dr. Smith wanted to know if I had done the glucose test yet and what the results were since large babies and gestational diabetes happen together a lot. Since the main reason for these visits is to monitor his growth, we certainly confirmed that he is growing!

He puts his hands and feet in front of his face all the time. He is a pretty limber little guy. Luckily he moves around A LOT, so if you just wait a minute, he will be in a different position.

In this picture you can actually see the cleft lip some. They think it goes up into his left nostril and that is why they believe there is palate involvement as well. 

We have our appointment with the baby's physician on August 5th. It will be so nice to get some answers regarding surgeries and to get a loose timeline of when things will happen. 

1 comment:

  1. He's a beautiful little boy. It's amazing how much you can see in sonograms today compared to when you and Kelli were born. They've come so far. I love how you will know exactly how he looks even before he's born.

    ReplyDelete