Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Monday, July 18, 2011

Kohlrabi Apple Slaw

So last week at the farmer's market I was given a freebie vegetable.


That is a kohlrabi. I had no idea what it was or what to do with it, but I was determined to not let it go to waste. After googling some options, I decided on a kohlrabi apple slaw. I used this recipe from Shiny Cooking. 

Here is what you need to make it. 


I made two modifications to this recipe. It is supposed to be equal parts kohlrabi and apple, but I was really nervous about it, so I doubled the apples. I also switched out greek yogurt for plain yogurt. 

The final product:


The verdict is it is actually really good. Charles really liked it too. Kohlrabi is a lot like jicama, not a lot of flavor, but a good crunchy texture. If I make it again, I will definitely keep the changes I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment