Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Monday, June 6, 2011

Eventful weekend

So this last weekend was a little more exciting than we really wanted it to be.

We headed to Ft. Smith on Friday night and just past Sallisaw, one of these ran across the interstate:

Needless to say, we smacked right into it and did this to our car:


I felt fine so we got a tow truck for the car and my brother in law came to pick us up. The next morning, we spoke to our friend Nelson who is an OB and he said we should probably go to the hospital to be checked out. I then called my OB and she said the same thing. At this point we were already at the Alzheimer's memory walk, so I decided to do this first and then go to the hospital after.
Team McKown:

After the walk, we headed to the hospital to get checked out. St. Edward's was great and got us in immediately. They hooked me up to a fetal heart rate monitor and a monitor for contractions.


Baby Te's heart rate was perfect. My uterus is another story. I was having 30 second contractions every few minutes. After being there for about 2 hours, they checked my cervix and it was still closed up tight. Unfortunately my contractions had gotten longer, about 45 seconds, and were happening every 3 to 4 minutes. Dr. Wood, the OB on call, decided to admit me around 2:30. They put me in a room, hooked me up to an IV and let me eat. The eating part was very important because at that point I had not eaten since 9:00 and I was starving. Hospital food is not awesome, but it was better than nothing. I had two bags of fluid, ate again, and took a little nap. Around 8, Dr. Wood came in and said it had been over an hour since I had a contraction and we could go home. Yay! 

Our car is awaiting inspection by the insurance company, so we headed back to Oklahoma on Sunday in a rental car. 

Not exactly the way we planned to spend our weekend, but at least we are all okay and made it back home safely!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're ok (all 3 of you). I've hit 2 deer and been in the car for 2 also, it's scary. As pretty as they are, they're equally as stupid.

    ReplyDelete