Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Inside out apple crisp

I saw this on a blog the other day and realized I had all of the ingredients to make it. Charles had it for dessert and I had it for dinner. Don't judge, I'm pregnant. Plus it is kind of healthy with the apple and the oats =)

You core the apple
 Mix oats, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter
 Fill the apples, but don't pack tightly or they will explode. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
While the apples are baking, make the caramel sauce (or if you have it, just use premade) Melt sugar.
 It takes a while and it's really hot
 This is melted sugar. I had no idea it was brown!
Add in cream and butter and let cool
 Get the apples out of the oven
Then drizzle with caramel sauce

This was so tasty and surprisingly easy!




No comments:

Post a Comment