Wedding Day

Wedding Day

Saturday, February 5, 2011

First Trimester

We are officially out of the first trimester. I was really blessed with how easy it was.

A lot of women experience terrible morning sickness that actually lasts all day long. I probably had three or less days where I felt nauseous all day. Other days I would have moments of nausea and all I would have to do was eat and I was fine. I carried a bag of pretzels in my purse at all times because I noticed that when I let my stomach get empty, that is when I felt nauseous. I never once vomited, and I am so thankful for that!

Another symptom women report in the first trimester is exhaustion. This one hit me pretty hard. I was sleeping at least 12 hours a day. It would be 8:30 and I was falling asleep on the couch. This is supposed to lessen during the second trimester, and I think it is. I am still sleeping more than usual, but not as much as I was.

The weight gain. I have been pretty anxious about this and really want to keep it under control. I know the more you gain, the longer it will take to loose. I'm also am trying not to care to much, because I know it's good for the baby for me to eat! Since I was a healthy weight to start, I should gain somewhere between 25 and 37 pounds. During the first trimester, a healthy weight person should gain between 3 and 5 pounds. I gained 6. Oops. Not too bad though. I told one of my co workers that my goal was to not weigh more than Charles by the end. She said "He is really skinny. Good luck with that". =) It is probably an unrealistic goal because that only gives me 20 pounds to gain during the second and third trimester. Hopefully blogging about my weight gain will keep me accountable!

*weight estimates found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment